Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Introductory Blog


What is your name?
Jacob Lillard

What will you be doing after graduation?
I hope to be working, if not I will be applying to graduate school.

List your computing interests.
I have had a lot of fun with artificial intelligence, databases, and computer graphics.

List your computing strengths.
I have primarily coded in C++ and Java. I believe I am fairly strong in the concepts covered in the classes I mentioned under computing interests.

What was your favorite computer science project that you worked on and why?
In artificial intelligence I had to use prolog to create an intelligent agent to navigate through a maze known as the wumpus world. I enjoyed it because it was something interesting and was quite different than the normal object oriented programming languages (although I wouldn't want to do another project in prolog).

What was your least favorite and why?

The projects I needed to do in my operating systems class were tedious because they ran on a PC emulator and you could not run or debug any programs until you had completely finished with it. This made the debugging phase extremely painful.

What do you see as the top tech. development of the last 5 years and why?

I don't believe this is the most important tech. development, but I have really enjoyed my smart phone.

Provide some insight into your management/coding styles. 

I believe it is important to break down the project into manageable chunks so that the team is not overwhelmed. I also believe that communication is the most important aspect of a team. A team member might have a great idea, but unless they voice their opinion it will go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment